My Stats - 3/4/10 1st Dr. visit, 7/20/10 Lap Band Surgery to Present

Monday, December 27, 2010

How rude is it to puke at the dinner table?

I really am a dork. What on earth did I get a big fill for 2 days before Christmas? I don't really have a clue about some of the essentials of being restricted as my doc had me on a conservative fill program up until now.

You may have seen my PB/Sliming post where I gleefully proclaimed that I had now experienced the thrill of the "restriction", well now I am so over that! I am actually a little afraid to eat anything of substance in front of anyone, at least until I get the whole "chew to applesauce consistency" thing down.

I went to dinner with family (actually in-law of cousin, but family anyway) on Christmas where they served the most delicious beef tenderloin. I will just stop there and let you all just imagine the rest... The moments (I am assuming that there was only moments and not minutes involved) where I was really just trying like a crazy person not to blow tenderloin at the table, were some of the most intense of anytime in my entire life!! It was compounded by the fact that I needed to squeeze past my father's seat and his rather large tummy to get out of the dining room and up to the bathroom. All was well. I am still frightened.....

I needed this! I love my band still and all of it's spunkiness!

2 comments: